All my best advice for new runners!
I’ve been running for 20 years (CRAZY) and I vividly remember the first time I ran more than five miles – I was 15. Since then, I have run over 50 races and ran the 2018 Boston Marathon in 3:27 in the worst conditions on record. I posted on Instagram yesterday about my 2018 running stats, and it’s always fun to look back and see how far I’ve gone and come, literally and figuratively.
- 1,645.5 miles
- 238 runs
- Miles logged in Park City, Salt Lake City, Draper, D.C., Boston, St. Augustine, Winston-Salem, Blowing Rock, Boone, Ireland, San Francisco, NYC
- 2 PRs: marathon and 5K
- 10+ pairs of running shoes
- Countless runs with friends
- Even more solo runs
- Needling, scraping, chiropractors, massages
- Some yoga, lots of weight lifting, not enough foam rolling
- Morning runs, evening runs, treadmill runs, hot runs, rainy, snowy, cold runs
- Some crappy runs but so so so many great runs
It seems like a big year, but it’s really not dramatically different from what I’ve done year after year. Yes, my miles tend to increase every year and sometimes I hit PRs, but sometimes I don’t. What does change every year is that I learn a little more, and I improve a little more in some way — maybe I run further or faster or simply smarter. And I love sharing what I learn with all of you!
I love hearing from other runners, regardless of their level, and over the years, through my blog and social media, I’ve received countless running questions. And I’m so excited to have all my best advice for new or beginner runners pulled together for you in Running 101. I hope this guide is something you’ll reference and reference again, as you start running, continue to run and improve!
In my Running 101 guide, you’ll find:
- my best running tips for beginners
- my favorite running gear, including how to get the right running shoes for you
- fueling advice – my favorite pre- and post-run food
- injury prevention tips (that I’ve learned the hard way)
- advice to stay motivated and keep going
- and more!
GET RUNNING 101 HERE
Whether you’ve never run a mile or are inspired to dust off your running shoes or want a peek into what I do on a daily basis to keep running strong, Running 101 has you covered.
Happy New Year and happy running!!!
The post All my best advice for new runners! appeared first on A Foodie Stays Fit.