Ep 007: Amy Reinecke & Braving the Unknown with Intuitive Eating
Our guest for Episode 7 of the “You Can Eat With Us” Podcast is Amy Reinecke. She has struggled with binge eating disorder and negative body image since she was in elementary school. In the last 3 years Amy has embraced her brokenness and learned how to find beauty in her story. She began sharing her weight loss journey on Instagram in 2015, only to realize that even after losing weight there was still work that needed to be done to heal her on the inside. Amy has since left diet culture and is embracing intuitive eating to find freedom from food rules and embrace body kindness.
Amy’s goal is to help other women appreciate their own beautifully broken journey’s and find peace within themselves to live their life to the fullest, regardless of body size, shape or weight stigma. We chat about all this, plus more, including the challenge of your own personal evolution and leaving behind the familiar to brave the unknown.
Amy has been married to her husband for 13 years and they have 2 boys. Amy blogs at Beautifully Broken Journey and is Co-Founder of Spark Media Concepts where she helps other women and small business owners create websites to share their passion and purpose with the world.
Stay tuned after the episode for our Listener Question about self-care – what can you do when self-care feels too time consuming or expensive?
– Amy’s blog, Beautifully Broken Journey: https://beautifullybrokenjourney.com/
– Spark Media Concepts: www.sparkmediaconcepts.com
– @beautifullybrokenjourney on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beautifullybrokenjourney/
– Tips to create a self-care box from Imma Eat That and Satisfy Nutrition: http://immaeatthat.com/2017/01/02/how-to-create-a-self-care-box/ and https://www.satisfy-nutrition.com/blog/2018/02/12/self-care-box
– More on some of the Challenges of Intuitive Eating: http://www.streetsmartnutrition.com/intuitive-eating-challenges/
– @LibreConnections on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/libre.connections/
Don’t forget to visit our website (www.libreconnections.com) to subscribe to our newsletter and learn more about our virtual coaching services for intuitive eating and nutrition!