Ep 017: Hannah Meier & Recovering from Hypothalamic Amenorrhea
On Episode 17 we are joined by Hannah Meier for a conversation about disordered eating, hypothalamic amenorrhea (HA) and women’s health, and the challenges of recovery from HA and disordered eating.
Hannah is a registered dietitian living in Boston, MA where she works for a health food company by day and runs a private nutrition practice, Nutrition in Real Life, by “night” (and weekends). She is passionate about demystifying nutrition and breaking down BS diet rules, helping everyone find joy in food again and peace with their bodies. Hannah is openly recovering from 10 years of hypothalamic amenorrhea and hopes her story will encourage other women to feel less ashamed about their hormonal health and more empowered to live a fulfilling and unencumbered life.
Stay tuned after the episode for our weekly Q&A. This week’s topic is about body comparisons and how our bodies look in photos. How do you bounce back from a blow to your body image or self-esteem?
– Hannah’s website, Nutrition In Real Life: https://www.dietitianhannah.com/
– @dietitianhannah on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dietitian.hannah/
– No Period, Now What?: https://amzn.to/2PhrRt2 (affiliate link)
– Lane 9 Project: https://lane9project.org/
– Robyn Nohling, The Real Life RD: https://www.thereallife-rd.com/
– The Adipositivity Project: https://theadipositivityproject.zenfolio.com/about.html
– @LibreConnections on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/libre.connections/